Blessed by Him. Blessed by others.

Monday, March 29, 2010

Let's start over

I dwell on the past. There are so many moments that I wonder if I should have done something differently, said something differently, many moments that I wish I had not done at all, or many moments I wish I had done. I tend to let these moments get the best of me. Let's all forget the former things.

Also, I am a big worrier. I worry about things like no other. I like to fix things and if something is not "right"..I worry. I know that worrying is a waste of time, but it's just a part of me that won't leave. Sometimes I worry about my future and even the past (done something/said something differently..etc.) Even though my brain knows I cannot change anything that happened! I don't worry nearly as much as I used to-that's a step.

But, why do we worry?

The dictionary defines worry as, "to feel uneasy or concerned about something; troubled".

God gives us so many reasons not to worry.

1. Worrying accomplishes nothing. Instead of wasting time worrying, we could be out doing something much more productive. Worrying gets us nowhere, so why should we waste our time? God is backing me up here.

Matthew 6:27-29

Can all your worries add a single moment to your life? And why worry about your clothing? Look at the lilies of the field and how they grow. They don't work or make their clothing, yet Solomon in all his glory was not dressed as beautifully as they are.



2.Worrying is Not Good for You. Never has been, never will be. When I am worried I always feel anxious, my heart races, I feel sick, and I feel like there is a huge burden on me. How can all those feelings possible be good for us? God back me up on this one. :)

Proverbs 12:2 "
Worry weighs a person down; an encouraging word cheers a person up."


3. Worrying is the opposite of trusting
God. So, you're telling me that ALL these hours and days I have spent worrying I have not trusted God? Yeah, that's what it means. Worry replaced by Prayer equals Trust.

Let's replace our worry with prayer. Time well spent? I think yes.

Philippians 4:6-7
"Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus."


4. Worrying puts your focus on the wrong direction.
When we worry, we are not fully relying on God. God will take care of us. He will never let us go. Worrying takes our focus and puts it not on God, but on what we are worrying about. Not good. If we keep everything focused on God 100%, we have nothing to worry about. God focus.

Matthew 6:31-33
"So don't worry about these things, saying, 'What will we eat? What will we drink? What will we wear?' These things dominate the thoughts of unbelievers, but your heavenly Father already knows all your needs. Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Just like the picture, let's try to not worry about our past. Let's do new things and not dwell on the former things! Let's ony look ahead- living for today and excited about the future God's got for us. Fully focusing on our sweet and wonderful God, while trusting him 100%.

Shoot my muffins are burning. Love to you ALL.

Neely



No comments:

Post a Comment