Blessed by Him. Blessed by others.

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Our TRIP with Jesus! Start packing!

So, as I sit here cramming for a test and thinking about what all I am going to pack for Spring Break, I realize, "WOW, Do we get spend this much time "getting ready" for Christ? For me, the answer is "not like I should". All week I wonder what I am going to be doing that upcoming weekend. I "prepare" for the weekend by getting all of my "week" work out of the way in order to ensure myself a good weekend. I "prepare" myself for a trip to the beach by packing my swimsuits and all the necessary items I need to go to the beach. I "prepare" for a test by studying notes and quizzes. I "prepare" myself for an interview by dressing nicely and going over a resume.

"WHAT?!?!?! WE HAVE TO PREPARE OURSELVES FOR WHEN JESUS COMES BACK, JUST LIKE WE PREPARE OURSELVES FOR DAILY HAPPENINGS IN OUR LIFE?"

Absolutely. Maybe not in the "study notes, pack swimsuits" kind of way. But in the spiritual way. :) Heck, you might could throw in a swimsuit or two-I'm sure there will be swimming pools with gold circling around them in Heaven! :)

"If, as Jesus said, we cannot know the hour or the day of His return, yet we also see the signs, how are we to be both ready to go and resigned to wait?

According to the apostle Peter, the scoffers say: "Ever since our fathers died, everything goes on as it has since the beginning of creation. … Where is this 'coming' he promised?" (2 Peter 3:4) But he reminds us that the Lord's tarrying means salvation for more. Still, Peter poses the question: "What kind of people ought you to be … as you look forward to the day of God?" (3:11-12).

His answer: "You ought to live holy and godly lives as you look forward to the day of God … looking forward to a new heaven and a new earth" (3:12-13).

How do we live Holy and Godly lives?

I think that God wants us to prepare ourselves spiritually for the coming of Christ. He wants us to live like Christ did, act like Christ did, and teach like Christ did.

Back to preparing. I think that the best way to "prepare" or "pack" for Christ is probably what some of us already do in our daily routines. BUT the coming of Christ is so much more special and life changing than a spring break trip, or a test, or ANYTHING. I get so excited about a big trip that I just want to pack and pack and pack. IF ONLY I could feel this way about "packing and packing and packing" for JESUS' RETURN!

I think the best way to "pack" for Heaven is this:

1. Read God's written word-The Bible. It is our "instruction book." It WILL tell us all the necessary items we will need to inherit His Kingdom and enter it. Pack it.

2.Pray. God wants to listen to us. He longs to talk to us. He ALWAYS has time for his followers. When you are heading on a trip with someone don't you communicate with them? What time are we leaving? What do I bring? Take all of your heavenly "packing" to God! Ask Him to show you what you need to do to bring Glory to Him until he returns! Prepare it.

3.
Accept Jesus as your Savior and ask for forgiveness. You HAVE to understand and accept that Jesus came to this earth once, and He IS coming again. Pack for Jesus KNOWING that he still loves you even though you break His heart daily! HE STILL WANTS YOU! I think if we broke someone else's heart like we do Christ's, I don't think they would want to "take us" to the beach anymore. Jesus does. He WILL NOT leave you. Ever. Come! Sin and all.

4. Help others find Jesus. It is heartbreaking to comprehend that some people you deeply love may not inherit the Kingdom of God when Christ returns. If we pray for their hearts and offer what we have to them, maybe they will see Christ in us. We have too. We want them to spend forever with us.


SO, this is what we will need for our trip with Jesus. T minus ______ days! Get pumped!
1. Bible-pack it. It's our MAP for our great big trip!
2. Prayer-prepare your mind. This is our "GARMIN GPS" for our big trip!
3.Accept Jesus and ask for forgiveness-prepare your heart. This is our "we are lost", and "good thing we can turn around" button.
4. Spread His word-prepare their hearts. This is a sign for as many friends as WE witness to, to jump in and come on our big trip with us! The more the merrier!

OH I CANNOT WAIT. :)

This is what was on my mind tonight. I'm not sure how much sense it will make, but it is just something that came to my mind. I wish I "packed" more for my trip with Jesus. We better start. We may not have long! :)



Night Night!


No comments:

Post a Comment