Blessed by Him. Blessed by others.

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

I don't know how but there's power when I'm on my knees.

Bible Verse of the Day:

"But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong." 2 Corinthians 12:9-10.

When we are weak we are strong. I don't know about you, but it is when I am the weakest (on my knees) that I feel God is the most powerful. It is when I don't think I can get UP from my knees that God really puts His power on my heart to pick me up. I don't like the feeling of "feeling" like you are so weak that you can't imagine what the next day will be like, but I absolutely love the feeling of no matter what happens-rain or shine, no matter who I have beside me-every single person could leave me, God will ALWAYS be right there holding my hand. That's so comforting, isn't it? We will never be alone. We will never walk alone. One of my favorite songs is by the group Point of Grace, "You Will Never Walk Alone." Download it-it's worth the 99 cents.

"You will never walk alone, as long as you have faith, Jesus will be right beside you all the way and you may feel you're far from home, but home is where He is, He'll be there down every road, you will never walk alone."

This also reminds me of the poem, "Footprints"
"You promised me Lord that if I followed you, you would walk with me always. But I have noticed that during the most trying periods of my life there have only been one set of footprints in the sand. Why, when I needed you most, you have not been there for me?" The Lord replied, " The times when you have seen only one set of foo
tprints in the sand, that is when I carried you."

I feel like the most trying periods of my life have happened to me recently. My faith and values have been tested and when I needed God the most, He was there. Always will be. I also feel like that when I am at my lowest point, it is then and only then, that I can get up from my knees because God carries me.

Lord, what do you want to teach US to make US a better people? What are your plans for us to make us more effective? Lead us and guide us through this process. Be our teacher and show us your ways. And don't let us miss any lesson you have prepared for us.

That was on my mind today. Not that I am weak on my knees today. Tomorrow or the next day could be a different story. But I'm not worried. Neither should you. God's got us. :)

Today is a good day! Thank you for reading. Today, please pray for me. I have an interview to be a Young Life leader today at 4:30 and I am getting kind of nervous. Please pray for the Lord to direct me and may I speak my heart to these people who are interviewing me. Please pray also that the Lord lead me to the school in Knoxville who needs Neely the most. I know that wherever I am placed will be for His glory. Thanks for your prayers, they are loved.

Have a great Wednesday friends! May the Lord bless all of your sweet hearts.

Blessings, Neely













1 comment:

  1. Neely,
    I just found your blog so I missed the opportunity to pray for you! How did the interview go? I will certainly lift those in prayer doing the hiring that they don't miss out on a true gem! Keep your faith strong and focused on Jesus. It is inspiring to so many...
    Love
    Carol Adkins

    ReplyDelete