Blessed by Him. Blessed by others.

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

The driver gets to pick the music?





Back from Spring Break. Back to reality. Back to LIFE. That should be illegal to say. Just kidding. When I was on my way to Destin, I was driving. DUH. BUT, there were sooo many times that I wish I had had someone with me to "take over the wheel" because I was so tired. This led me to think....."Do I let God take over my life so freely, like I let people so freely drive my car?" If you know me you know that if you want to drive my car, go for it. I am not the best driver. I am WILLING to let you drive. I am so HAPPY that you want to "take over." I am RELIEVED that I can sit in the passenger's seat and not have to worry about where I am going.



1. Willing
2. Happy
3. Relieved

I have those emotions JUST when someone wants to "drive" my car? Yep. I do. It means I can sit back, relax and not worry.

I can't believe that just came out of my mouth because it is what WE NEED God totally to do. And he has done in some of us. But do we let him as often as I should? Probably not. And it's hard sometimes.

Sisters and Brothers in Christ, hear me out for just a second.

Jesus wants to be "the driver" in your life when you are TIRED, WORRIED, and STRESSED. Jesus wants to "take control" of our lives and lead us to our "destination" safely. When someone is driving..don't you go where THEY want to go? Not all the time, but most times.

My mom always said, "The driver gets to pick the music." Maybe not always right :), but in this situation it holds truth.

Let's think about it. God LONGS and NEEDS to be "our driver." 1. We need to be WILLING to let him drive. 2. We will be HAPPIER once we "get our sinful selves" out of that DADGUM drivers seat and let him take over! GEEZ! I wanted to scream that. But I can't scream on posts. Just pretend I was screaming, okay? 3. We will be RELIEVED once we finally humble ourselves enough to get in the passenger's seat and not have to WORRY about where He will take us. Wherever He decides to "drive" us is HIS WILL. That is kind of encouraging to know that I am not in charge! Whew! (Wipes sweat off forehead).

On another note, "The driver gets to pick the music." Whaaaaaaaaaat the heck does that mean? Well, sweet friends, in my opinion (you may have different opinions) it means that God gets to pick our music. Music is what we listen to throughout the drive, right? Music in our life represents our day to day struggles, accomplishments, choices, etc. Anything and everything that we deal with. Now, before I gave God my driver's seat I CHOSE the music. I chose what I wanted to do with my life and thought I just had it all perfectly planned out. Then I wrecked. I think this is what we ALL will end up doing if we don't let HIM drive.

Let's let God choose our "music"..he knows whats best for us and what's even more thrilling....He already KNOWS the music. From now until we die. He knows what we will face and have to endure, BUT with Him in the driver's seat, He will be our comforter, provider, and keep us safe. :)

When God is in control of your life, you will experience tremendous changes. In Romans 8:5, it reads, “Those who live according to the sinful nature have their minds set on what that nature desires; but those who live in accordance with the Spirit have their minds set on what the Spirit desires.” The mind of sinful man is death, but the mind controlled by the Spirit is life and peace; the sinful mind is hostile to God. It does not submit to God's law, nor can it do so. Those controlled by the sinful nature cannot please God."

Please RE-READ that. Please. It has so so SO much meaning.

As long as you are "driving" you will not please God. For your safety, let Him take control. He already knows the roads, bumps, tunnels, U-turns...etc. Pray about it.

Oh, and one last thing...Who is in your backseat? Are you letting friends who have the same beliefs as you, encourage and lift you up YOUR backseat? Or do you have quite the opposite? I'm not saying if you have the opposite-KICK EM TO THE CURB. Not at all. Honestly, just pray about it. Ask God to lead and guide you and place friends in your backseat who are good for your mind, body, and spirit and help your relationship with Him "go past the speed limit". :) Just something to think about.

Love to you ALL. Have a wonderful week and hang in there!

Neely

No comments:

Post a Comment