Blessed by Him. Blessed by others.

Thursday, March 4, 2010

If I can make it just one more day!

This is has been one of those weeks. Little sleep, lots of studying, headaches, body aches, I could really go on and on. But I think that's good enough. I don't think I have ever been THIS ready for a break in my life. I am so ready to escape away to the beach and rest for NINE DAYS. All with the ones that mean the most to me. I never plan what I am going to write in my blogs, I just kind of write while I am going. So bare with me.

I am so exhausted but cannot take a nap because I have other things to be at. (Lord knows I won't wake up if my head hit that marshmellow of a pillow) so I decide to write about how THANKFUL I am that God is "okay" with our tiredness. I flew out of bed this morning faster than a roadrunner in the Arizona desert, therefore I did not have any kind of quiet time. I am thankful for a God who accepts that I was in a hurry this morning and did not have time for him. Wow. Did not have time for Him. Him as in the ONE who loves us the most. Yeah, I know we all get busy and forget, we're human. But once you write it out and put it like that, it is heart-breaking.

I often think of my grandparents when I think of "forgetting God". Sometimes it will be weeks or even months before I call to check up with them. When I do call, you would have thought I had called the day before. They are so happy and thankful for that moment, right in that second, that they are talking to you. I think God is a lot like this, too. Every time we remember to "call" Him, he has already forgotten that we haven't called him in days, weeks, maybe months. Personally, if a friend didn't returned my call for months I think I would kind of just give up and honestly, I would be angry and feel like I am not important. I need a heart like Jesus and a thankful nature like my grandparents!

So, today, I am thankful for:

A God who sees -He searches for us, giving us strength when we surrender every aspect of our lives to Him. "For the eyes of the Lord move to and fro throughout the earth that He may strongly support those whose heart is completely His" (2 Chronicles 16:9).

A God who is "okay" with my best for that day- Even when I can't give much to Him, he still is satisfied with me.

A God who listens- I love the feeling how I can go to God for anything. He knows everything about me. He knows everything about you. He knows the hairs on our heads. He knows our "secrets" we keep hidden from others. He knows what we are going to do before we even do it. He knows our past, present, and future. Sometimes I feel bad for just sitting and spilling all my problems on my friends "to do" list. It is so refreshing to know that God is ready and willing to add to his "to do" list. I am envisioning a huge refrigerator with post it notes from me. He is our father, our biggest fan and encourager. I think "refrigerator" is fitting because you can put up things you are "proud of" -whether it be pictures, a good grade, or a sweet note. God is proud of us, even if we forget to write him a post-it note and stick it to the fridge.

Today, my body may be so tired, but my heart is so thankful for his grace and patience with me. I WILL fail Him, but he WILL NOT fail me.


This song by David Crowder Band is so beautiful and it goes along with being the "drained theme."
"And this is all that I can say right now, I know its not much.
But this is all that I can give, yeah that's my everything.
This is all that I can say right now I know its not much.
But this is all that I can give, yeah thats my everything."

Bring on Spring Break 2010! Bless and be blessed along the way! :)

I need a Diet Coke.

No comments:

Post a Comment