Blessed by Him. Blessed by others.

Monday, April 5, 2010

Planting the seed of our sweet Jesus.

Memphis to Knoxville is one LONG drive. But I enjoy it because it gives me time. Quiet time. To think, pray, and reflect. There are times that I wish the drive wasn't so long, but that's just the way it is and I am thankful for it.

So on my long haul I was thinking how much I would love to grow a garden. I love gardens. We usually had one when I was growing up. BUT I know that isn't possible because that would require me planting the seeds NOW and in my little apartment..I don't have any grass!! Poor me. No, not really. I am blessed.

Then the thought came to me.
THIS YEAR my garden will be a little bit different. Instead of trying to plant seeds in the ground and watching the beautiful plants grow, I am hoping and praying that I can plant the seed of JESUS in other people and watch them grow beautifully.

Instead of preparing a patch of land to plant my seeds, I pray I can prepare my heart in order to help try to plant the seed of Jesus in others.

Instead of digging a hole and placing the seeds in, and then covering it back up, I pray I can help others dig into their own hearts and place Jesus in it.

Instead of watering the plants everyday, I pray I can pour my life into the people and kids God wants me to witness hoping that they may grow into something beautiful.

Instead of picking the weeds out of my garden that I don't want there, I pray I can teach others how to "weed" out the things in our lives that we put before God.

Instead of protecting my garden and being aware of prey that may "eat" my beautiful plants that I have worked so hard on, I pray that I can teach others how protect their hearts and be aware of Satan and how he tries to ruin us.

There is one thing that I am sure of.
A garden is beautiful. A garden brings food. A garden is so much fun. BUT a garden is temporary. It withers away and dies, eventually.

Christians are not temporary. They do not wilt. They do not die away.

I hope and pray I can do all of the things in my REAL "Garden" this year. I'm gonna call it my Jesus garden. :) This is my mission. To share Jesus' sweet love and word with others, hoping and praying that they will be moved and eventually want to plant His seed in their hearts. Praying that I might can watch them grow into something so beautiful with our Savior.

When you plant the seed of Jesus in your heart, you will never wilt and die, like a real garden. Jesus lives in us forever and WHAT A GREAT FEELING THAT IS!


"The grass withers and the flowers fall, but the word of our God stands forever." Isaiah 40:8.


No comments:

Post a Comment