Blessed by Him. Blessed by others.

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

The Big Picture


What makes our "big picture" in life SUCCEED?

I often take a step back at my life and ask myself these questions. I love seeing "the big picture". We need to start asking ourselves these questions daily.

1. Am I listening to the voice of God? Or are you listening to the voices of others? Isaiah 2:22 says, "Stop trusting in man, who has but a breath in his nostrils. Of what account is he?" I find myself listening to the voice of others WAY too much. I just talk way too much, and that's why I can't hear God sometimes. I am learning to be still and listen. God speaks when we are quiet.

2. Am I taking risks? Do we "not" do something because we feel like we are not sure if God wants us to do it? In my opinion, I say do it, even if you are not sure. When you start it, you will eventually find out if God wants you there or not. I'm not talking about illegal things. I am talking about taking a certain path in life, job, etc.

" Whoever watches the wind will not plant;
whoever looks at the clouds will not reap.

As you do not know the path of the wind,
or how the body is formed in a mother's womb,
so you cannot understand the work of God,
the Maker of all things.

Sow your seed in the morning,
and at evening let not your hands be idle,
for you do not know which will succeed,
whether this or that,
or whether both will do equally well." Ecclesiastes 11:4-6

The Bible tell us there is no perfect time to start taking risks.

3. Do I understand how BIG God is?
Deuteronomy 10:17 says, "For the LORD your God is God of gods and Lord of lords, the great God, mighty and awesome." How Awesome is HE!
"Our God is greater, Our God is stronger, Our God is HIGHER than ANY OTHER!!"

4. Am I surrounding myself with the right people?
Proverbs 15:22 says, "Plans fail for lack of counsel, but with many advisers they succeed." We need Christian friends. We need people to grow with us in our faith. Sometimes God puts people in our path that give us "wise council" that help our BIG PICTURE succeed. We need to hold onto these people with both hands. Imagine a little kid holding onto their parent's leg with both arms and legs. Hold on tightly to good, Christian friends like this.

5.
Am I giving GOD my best?
Ecclesiastes 9:10 says, "Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with ALL YOUR MIGHT, for in the grave, where you are going, there is neither working nor planning nor knowledge nor wisdom." Are we giving God ALL OUR MIGHT? He didn't say give it "what you feel like." He said GIVE IT ALL YOU GOT. This hits home because a lot of the time, I give God what I feel like giving. He gave us His ALL, His LIFE, why is it so hard to give Him our best?


I encourage you to think about these questions this week and let's start working on them...starting with number one! Love you all. Have a blessed week my friends! :)

Neely


No comments:

Post a Comment