Blessed by Him. Blessed by others.

Friday, January 22, 2010

My FOUR blessings

My heart is so thankful. This past fall semester I met four girls that have changed my life. Literally! Who KNEW that Biology could be such a blessing! :) (In the order of the picture) Hannah, Jenna, Lindsay, and Sarah. Hannah is a friend who is just easy to "connect" with. Her heart is open to anyone and everyone. She is the most non-judgmental person I know, an ABSOLUTE JOY to be around, and is so, SO excited about life. JENNA is a friend that you know truly cares what you have to say, dependable, and genuinely sweet. She has a great, big loving heart and will break her neck to help you. Lindsay is a friend who is a "soft spoken smiler." She is always smiling and that is one thing I just love about her. She has a great big heart and seems to have room for everyone in it. She is trustworthy, a great listener who understands you, and an overall happy, happy person. Sarah is a friend that I "KNEW OF" for many years because we go to the same church in Memphis, but I never really "KNEW" her. She always makes me laugh and has a VERY sweet soul. She is compassionate, generous, and loving.
Now, Hannah and I met at the VERY beginning of the semester because we had French together and then Biology right after French. We carry the same North Face red and pink backpack. First day of French I was standing in the hall waiting to go in the classroom and she RUNS up to me and (just like bumper boats) bumps her backpack against mine and yells, "Hey! I like your backpack!" I knew as soon as I saw her sprinting we would be great friends. :) We noticed that we had Biology together and were pretty pumped. I am surprised that I didn't scare her off on the first day. I told her that I like to sit by the Emergency Exit just in case there is a classroom shooting. Her eyes got as big as saucers. We were friends because we had two classes together three days a week, but we didn't became GREAT friends until later in the semester. Hannah is compassionate and so friendly to everyone she meets. She will sit down and listen to what you have to say even if it takes hours and she will give you awesome guidance and advice. I am so thankful that she mentioned me working with her at Camp Vesper Point this summer. It is in Chattanooga, TN and is for the entire summer. I am so excited!!! I could not ask for a better person to teach kids how awesome our God is! I have always wanted to be a camp counselor because kids are my passion. So that's Hannah(again) in a nutshell.
Now back to Biology..;).....We started sitting with one of Hannah's friends, Jenna. Jenna also sat by two girls, Lindsay and Sarah. We all instantly bonded and from then on Biology was nothing but one big party. We people watched. We laughed until the other had to tell us to hush. We face-booked. We posted "My Life Is Average" quotes on each other's walls every five seconds. And then laughed again. We made fun of the teacher. I got up to pee every five seconds--but I sat right in the dead middle, so of course I made all kind of racket getting up. And we laughed some more. For my 21st birthday I went to the Oprah show and when I got back we had a "Oprah Party" to see if I was going to be on TV. It was a hoot! They are genuine, compassionate, and overall amazing girls. They have hearts of gold and are truly servant's of the Lord. I missed class one day because I wasn't feeling well and soon enough, Hannah and Jenna were knocking on my door to check on me. Not only are we all friends at high points in our lives, but we are also there during the lowest points. Those are the people in life that mean the most. The ones that will be there for you when the last place you can go is to your knees. Hannah, Lindsay, Jenna and Sarah- I am so thankful for all of y'all. I can't imagine my life without all FOUR of you now! :) Love y'all with all my heart and soul! :)

"I thank my God every time I remember you." Phillipians 1:3

Nals :)

No comments:

Post a Comment