Blessed by Him. Blessed by others.

Friday, January 22, 2010

Bowling-#2 favorite class :)

Now that I have talked about ice skating, I can talk about my next favorite class--bowling. Now this class ACTUALLY counts in your GPA--PRAISE THE LORD GOD ABOVE!!!!!! (I probably shouldn't get too excited considering I am the worst bowler in the durn class.) GOOD GRIEF...God just did not bless me with talent in any kind of sport. What's up with that? Oh well, I'll get over it. Bowling is a blast! We are divided up into groups--my group is made up of two boys, Evan and Justin. I think they think that I have some sort of hyperactivity/mental issue going on here. But you have to make it fun in order to HAVE FUN...they'll deal. They are pretty good bowlers. I look like a limp grandma out on the wood floor. They tell me that I "chunk" the ball. It literally (no lie) flys in the air for a good 3 seconds and then lands extremely hard on the wooden floor, almost cracking it. And then it just roooolllllssss into the gutter. Lord. I need bumpers! For the few times that it doesn't go in the gutters, it will straddle the gutter and the wooden floor and make it to the pins-knocking the one on the end down. One pin. One dang dadgum pin. The teacher tends to come to our lane every five minutes and ask me if I need help. Whatever. On another note, I named our team "The Leaners". Every time we get up there, if we lean the way we want the ball to roll, more times than none, it rolls that WAY! So we always LEAN now. "Lean with it, bowl with it." That's our theme song. And every time somebody gets a strike..we have a "strike dance." We point both pointer fingers in the air, dance, and sing, "I gotta strike, I gotta strike!" Excuse me, we YELL it. I am soooo tired when I get to bowling though because it is my last class of the day and I have to actually stand up and participate! But it's so worth it. The maintenance guy at the bowling alley's name is Howard and when we needed him to help us with our stuck ball, I accidentally yelled for him. Except I didn't yell for "Howard", I yelled for "Ronnie." Don't ask. So that is my bowling class all summed up! Oh yeah, and we have to compete in a competition? That's so funny I forgot to laugh. That's not going to fly well with my intermediate bowling skills. It will be an experience for sure!

Later Gators!

Neely

No comments:

Post a Comment