Blessed by Him. Blessed by others.

Friday, January 22, 2010

Ice Skating

One week of classes has come and gone. It has been a LONG 8 days of class. I am taking 16 hours-French 211, Political Science, Religious Studies, Education 100, Biology 102, Ice skating and Bowling. Yes, Ice skating AND bowling are classes. And yes, they are my favorite! Ice Skating is on Tuesday and Thursdays at 11:30. I look forward to these days because I get to be with two of my favorite people-Hannah and Lindsay! I pick them up and we go off campus to the Ice Chalet-about 3 miles from campus. I am one HECTIC driver-sorry girls! This past Thursday- we were blasting "One Less Lonely Girl" by Justin Beiber and I nearly hit a pedestrian crossing the street. I didn't see her? And it was not because of the music! Good thing Lindsay yelled. Anywho, we then proceeded to pick up Hannah at her dorm. This always gets me excited because I like to embarrass them by blasting rap music when I pick them up with the windows down. After I have Hannah in the car, then we are off to the Ice Chalet! I nearly pass it every time-so when we get close both of them yell at the top of their lungs, "TURNNN!!!!!!!!!!" And Thursday I ripped in so fast I think we all 3 got a whiplash. We have fun trips there and back--never a boring moment. The car ride--Between Hannah singing and knowing every word to every song, to Lindsay's eyeballs popping out of her head while grabbing the handle above to squeeze when she gets nervous, and my NASCAR driving--it makes for an entertaining ride there. Sometimes I will even start laughing when everything is silent just because being with them makes my heart happy and is just absolutely hilarious! They literally make my day. I don't know what I would do if I hadn't met them. They are God sent! We all get our ice skates on when we get into the building, complete with hats, jackets, and gloves. When we all make our way out to the rink, I usually hang on to the walls for dear life-just in case. Well, this past Thursday we learned how to "stop". I take that back. Everyone else but ME learned how to stop. Unfortunate. We all lined up in a single file line on the wall to skate behind each other and then suddenly the instructor yelled, "STOP!" Everyone comes to a screeching hault..everyone except me. I get out of line and I am still rollin. To the tune of Ridin' Dirty..."They see me skatin', they hatin'. Sorry I had to. Hannah then proceeds to yell for me to stay in the line but I could NOT stop! I pass a few people and then yell, "INCOMING!" I knew I couldn't stop so it probably would be in their best interest to GET OUT OF THE WAY. After trying to learn how to stop we got to free skate. Our teacher turns on music and we skate around. It is very very fun! Lindsay might disagree because the whole time I am following her and I tend to grab her hood (forgetting that we are on ice and SKATING) and YANK her to get back here with me. She nearly busts her booty every time. Poor thing! I am trying to get better. The same day I proceeded to run into the wall. As I said before, I could not stop. I tried, but couldn't. The next thing I heard was an extremely loud noise and I was hunched over the wall (which is really like a wooden fence and comes just below my chest.) Hannah and Lindsay got a kick out of it. But it killed my TOE. So that was Thursdays Ice Skating wrapped up. It is by far the best class I have ever taken! It is AWESOME! Especially since I get to be in there with two amazing friends.They put up with me and they need a reward for that! ;) P.S. My friend Hannah-she is the next Michelle Kwan...man that girl can work them blades!

Love,

The Ice Princess :)

No comments:

Post a Comment