Blessed by Him. Blessed by others.

Friday, January 28, 2011

Pray. Pray. PRAY.

Hi friends. :) As many of you may know, one of my very best friends is Caroline Yelverton. She is from Jackson, TN and we have been friends since the second grade. Her mom, Kim, was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer just two weeks ago. We made a prayer group on Facebook, but I thought this is just another way we can get more sweet prayers for her. I ask that you specifically pray for strength, faith, patience, and trust. Caroline called me today and asked, "Neely, are you scared? Do you think we will be okay?" God is bigger than we can imagine and this was all in His perfect plan for this sweet family. Even though this is not easy, for anyone, lets pray that God is ultimately GLORIFIED through all of this.

Cancer is NOT bigger than our God. Caroline: "God DOES give us what we can't handle. In hopes that we will fall to our knees and say, "God, I cannot do this alone. We need YOU." I know we will be okay, we may fall apart in pieces, but I know that our pieces can be put back together because we have such a great support system of friends and family. We are not in this alone."

Bless you friends! Thank you for praying. Below is information directly from Caroline about the cancer, and a little note from her. In the mean time, pray pray pray.

In Him, Neely

From Caroline: Hi friends! Hope everything is well with you - near and far. So, here's the news...About a week ago, we found out that our mom has adenocarcinoma of the pancreas- a fancy way to say pancreatic cancer. This cancer is advanced but common. However, there is no cure - as with so many other types of cancers. A tumor was found in her pancreas through a C-T scan and revealed that it is intertwined with some of her blood vessels surrounding the pancreas as well as in some of the tissue.

We were confused by this at first since the typical person who gets this type of cancer is usually a 70 year old, overweight, smoking male. Well, obviously, she is none of those things but nevertheless, cancer found her anyway. The family is doing well - as well as I would imagine anyone would take this news. Mom is not in any pain. As of right now, she and my Dad are meeting with different doctors to see which one "fits just right." We are considering M.D. Anderson in Houston, Tx and also some local doctors in Jackson. After they choose a doctor, she will begin chemo-radiation treatments. Sometimes, after treatment the tumors shrink enough to be operated on...but for now, it is inoperable. Anyway, I am sending this message in hopes that you will be compelled to pray pray pray! Pray for my mom, for the doctors, and for our family during this scary time. I believe in the power of prayer and I believe that God will bless us through this trying time.

Already, my family has been shown so much kindness and love and support from countless friends and family. For now, we are continuing life as normal. Franklin is still in 9th grade at South Gibson High and Maggie is in Murfreesboro, Tn at the Paul Mitchell Institute. I am at Murray during the week and will be at home for most of the weekends hereafter. Dad is very lucky to have a job that allows him to work at home so he is able to help Mom with anything she may need - he is such a wonderful husband and father. She is in absolutely no pain whatsoever and is very happy and at peace with everything that is happening. So here it is...I'm enlisting a prayer brigade so to speak. I ask that you please pray for our Mom, our family, our friends and I as we embark on this journey. It will not be easy- and it will probably become more difficult- but with God's help, we can get through anything. Love love love love love to you all. P.S. I'd be glad to answer any questions, etc you might have. My cellphone number is 731-616-3645 P.P.S. I'd advise you not to "google" this cancer as it is very "statistic oriented" and is extremely disheartening. Our Mom asks that we tell everyone, "WE COVET YOUR PRAYERS.""

No comments:

Post a Comment