Blessed by Him. Blessed by others.

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Stay in the car, Jesus.

I had a rough morning-probably because I haven't even had any kind of quiet time today yet. And my days always go weird when I don't. I was parking my car and getting my backpack and it was wayyyyyyy tooo heavy. My backpack weighs 25 lbs.--yes I weighed it. That is nearly 1/4th of my weight. So, I started to take things out. To rid my backpack of unnecessary things I wouldn't need today. I looked at all my books and realized that I needed all of them-so I was just gonna have to suck it up. But then I saw my "Jesus Calling" Devotional book (which is never in my backpack, just so happened to be there from when I went to the park)and literally said outloud, "This can stay in here."

"Yo Jesus, part of you and what you want me to hear can just stay in the car, hope you don't get too hot."

What the heck.

That's the first book I should have held onto with both hands, considering my morning! God knew I would need it this morning! So I tucked it back into my backpack-it will just have to be extra heavy today. :)

Worship Me by living close to me.
This was my original design for man, into whom I breathed my very breath of Life.
This is my desire for you: that you stay NEAR Me as you walk along your life-path.
Each day is an important part of that journey.
Although you many feel as if you are going nowhere in the world, your spiritual journey is another matter altogether,
taking you along steep, treacherous paths of adventure.
That is why walking in the light of my presence is essential to keep you from stumbling.
By staying close to Me, you present yourself as a living sacrifice.

And here's the part that spoke to me.

EVEN THE MOST ROUTINE PART OF YOUR DAY CAN BE A SPIRITUAL ACT OF WORSHIP, HOLY AND PLEASING TO ME.

I was doing my routine thing. Putting on my backpack, about to head to class. I feel as if God was saying, "Take this book with you. Even though you feel as if your backpack cannot carry any more weight. Take it and read it. And that will please me."

Thanks, God. :)

1 comment:

  1. I've been reading this devotional too... and I LOVE it! It's so inspiring and comforting.

    ReplyDelete