Blessed by Him. Blessed by others.

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

After God's heart.

When you ask little kids what they want to be when they grow up, they usually say some kind of occupation. Usually the answers are a doctor, a teacher, a rock star, a police officer, etc. Never do they say, "I want to be a servant", "I want to be kind", "I want to be patient", "I want to be enough", "I want to be just like Jesus."

I wish kids were taught what will really matter when they grow up.

This led me to think about myself.

Who I strive to be.
I know who I am now.
But I also know who I want to be.

We are gifts. “Who can find a virtuous woman? For her price is far above rubies.” (Proverbs 31:10) I think we all desire to be the kind of woman that is worth having.


I want to be a woman who lives my life on my knees.
A woman who prays more than she talks.
A woman who thanks Jesus every hour, every minute, every second, for things she may not have tomorrow.
A woman who becomes more of a "yes" kind of girl, like Mary, each day.
A woman who prays like David prayed.
A woman who fears the Lord.
A woman who asks Jesus what He wants me to look like. I am his Bride.
A woman who submits to the authority of her earthly father.
A woman who has a servant's heart.
A woman full of grace and joy.
A woman who is patient and kind.
A woman who grasps the fact that "I am enough."
A Proverbs 31 woman.
A woman who is more concerned with these words from Jesus: "Talk to me and let me tell you how much I love you" than any kind of compliment.

I want to be able to say: "That's who I AM."
I want these things to define Neely.

From now on. Forever. And ever. Amen. :)






No comments:

Post a Comment