Blessed by Him. Blessed by others.

Monday, August 30, 2010

Praying for OTHERS.


God has really put loving others well on my heart TODAY. Better than I have been. I sometimes get SO caught up with school and extra activities that I forget to sit down and pray for my friends. They are human, too! They need prayers. They need to be backed by prayer. God gave me them to be my prayer warriors, partners in our faith, and this LIFE!

We are walking this life. Together.

Towards ONE goal. Jesus Christ.

And if praying for each other can bring us closer to Him...What am I waiting for!!?

How could I have FORGOTTEN to pray for the people that walk with me towards His Heavenly Kingdom? It hit me like a set of bricks.

Monday is such a good day for a set of bricks to come and pelt your heart. I am thankful they did, though. Thanking God for those bricks! Every one of my friends has welcomed me with open arms to pray for them. And some have even asked, How can I pray for YOU, Neely?

That is like a breath of fresh air. How relieving it is to know that people are praying for me!

Good Lord above. Why have I not been praying DAILY for the girls that I live with DAILY? The girls I share my LIFE with? Who I trust, love, and CRY with?

The people on my Young Life team at Carter High School DAILY? The kids at Carter High School DAILY? My parents DAILY? My brothers DAILY? My roommates parents' DAILY?

I am kicking myself right now, but very thankful I have finally woken up. Praying for people in my life this week is number ONE on my list of things to do. Who cares about homework.

I just encourage you all today to stop what you are doing and ask the people that you walk this life with-How you can possibly pray for them?

If I can pray for you in any way, let me know. It would be a blessing to pray for your heart.

Love you ALL.

Neely

No comments:

Post a Comment